November 13, 2006

When a dinner date and flowers aren't all...


I got home Monday night to a special meal prepared just for me. There were candles burning on the table, and the lights were turned low. My kids and husband had worked hard to clean up the house, which we had left in messy chaos when we left that morning.

My man had cooked a delicious angel hair pasta with shrimp and homemade alfredo dish, and we had a salad with baby romaine, croutons, grape tomatoes, and raspberry viniagrette dressing. We each had a little dish of oil and balsamic vinegar to dip our bread into. We also had corn and our favorite fun beverage, sparkling apple cider, that the kids love to drink out of our stem glasses.

On my plate was a little card made just for me by my daughter. It's a portrait of me. She did a good job capturing the likeness! She said to me as I was admiring it, "Mom, I'm sorry I screwed this part up, (pointing at one side of the blue body) it's kinda big."

I said, "But it looks just like me, don't you think?"

"Yeah, kind of. Not that you're fat or anything!"

After dinner they surprised me with a delicious dessert, caramel chocolate bar squares with nuts on top.

I thought our dinner date last Friday was enough. Usually we only get out about twice a year or so. But then I got flowers, and a special dinner too!

What did I do to deserve such grand treatment?? My husband told the kids they did this for Mom's Anniversary. His is next month.

5 comments:

Cele said...

oh, how kewl.

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! The apple doesn't fall far from the artistic tree, does it? Do I see another artist in the Familie Frank?

Just one of many said...

I think that is wonderful! I would have to cough up a lung first!! You have a special family!:)

Freckle Face Girl said...

Now, that is what I'd call a perfect evening! I love the card!

Genilimaa said...

How incredibly cute!!
Are you really that goodlooking?!