A blog post a day, a blog post a day!
How difficult is that? I thought it'd be super easy, but I definitely noticed that it was a lot less fun posting because I felt I HAD to vs. posting because I had something to say. But I already wrote about that.
I'm glad I'm almost through the month and have made good on my desire to try a post a day.
We are enduring a lot colder weather this week than we've had lately. Tomorrow is supposed to be 9 degrees Farenheit. Not my idea of a good time. Seriously. Some people love this weather because it means snow is coming and they can hit the ski slopes again.
I discovered I am no skier. I tried it once in my life, in the Austrian Alps, no less. It was a five-day ward party with the church congregation.
A few things I learned:
1. Little kids make skiing the bunny slopes look so easy.
2. Little kids have a lot less distance between their bum and the ground than an eighteen year old has who is 5' 9" tall.
3. I don't enjoy being cold. I already knew that before, but the cold that comes from within due to fear makes outside cold even worse.
4. I don't enjoy feeling like I'm going faster than I can control, unless I'm in a car.
5. I'm a weenie when it comes to skiing.
6. I really, really enjoy a good cup of hot cocoa in the lodge, while watching skiers enjoying themselves through the window.
7. There's something fun about a sleepover with other kids and adults in a lodge setting.
8. Getting off the lift is a lot easier said than done. I fell immediately and humiliated myself. It was only the beginning.
9. Hanging out on the bunny slope for two full days makes your host dad look at you and shake his head in disbelief.
10. Refusing to go back up the mountain after trying it only once makes your host dad really look at you with true despair.
11. It ain't pretty when a tall girl falls. I seriously had snow packed in my glasses. At least 5 times.
12. People who really love me, do so in spite of my inability to enjoy skiing.