November 10, 2006

Good Riddance

I had to go to Target last night with my kids to pick up lined index cards, because the two grocery stores close to my house were empty on the shelf where index cards should have been. Where are their capitalistic values?!

Anyway, on the drive home, we passed the Mormon church we attended until recently. I asked my son (13) if he missed going to church.

He grinned, huffed a little, and said, "No."

"Me neither! It's been so nice to have Sundays to ourselves. Even when I do laundry all day on Sunday, it's still so peaceful."

He said, "I got tired of getting a headache at church every Sunday."

I didn't know he was getting regular Sunday headaches too. All I can say is:

Thank God It Is Done.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Amen. I always had headaches on sundays, too. I figured it must be because there was something wrong with me. It's incredibly refreshing to see that others dealt with the same shit, even though I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'd be willing to bet that if you were given the chance to openly explore the minds of all of those sitting on the church pews every week, at least 90% of them wouldn't be happy.

Dayngr said...

You crack me up!