November 18, 2006

I Dream of Genie

My favorite thing to do on Saturday:

Lounge around and do nothing unless I want to do something.

What I get to do today instead:

All the preparations for a dinner party and birthday party, including

Dishes
Vacuum
Dust
Scour bathrooms
Start laundry
Get groceries for the spaghetti and baked ziti my man will be cooking
Go get ice cream cake per my daughter's birthday wish

And most important of all: try to make all these chores look fun to my kids who won't want to do them any more than I do.

Now to the most important question: Which of you has ever dreamed of having a special power that enabled you to snap your fingers and the house was immediately spotless?

2 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

What woman or neat-freak hasn't ever wanted that ability? I'm still working on figuring out how to get my nose to twitch like Samantha. So far, all I've managed to do is sprain my nasal cilia.

Jazzy said...

Not just a power but multiple powers! Thankfully, my kids are willing to help most of the time. God I LOVE bribery! It is my magic power of the day. :)