June 1, 2007

Heaven help us when she's older...

It's been a while since I posted, and thankfully I have a few minutes today to do so. I've had three short weeks in a row at work, in which I've had to cram 40 hours of work into 4 days, so it's been crazy-busy and hectic.

Last weekend we enjoyed another soccer tournament during which my son played very well. It looks like we'll be headed to Vegas in June to play. Good times! I love when he can be goalie against really tough teams, it gives him the best practice and experience which he needs if he is to improve. Can you imagine how frickin' HOT it's gonna be, though? That part makes me dread going, but the scenic drive, the shows we plan to see (Cirque du Soleil, baby!!), and the fun times should make it worth it. It will also be good to pop into Salt Lake City and visit family and friends while I'm at it.

Big news at our house ~ my nine year old lost another tooth yesterday!! This time, she decided to write a note to the Tooth Fairy, who actually answered her questions!

How awesome is she? I love her imagination. "Where do you get money?" Priceless.

I'm thinking that the Tooth Fairy must be mighty relieved, however, that she didn't HIDE this note like she did her letter to Santa last year! I'm also thinking how relieved the Tooth Fairy must have been to have Yes or No questions vs. being given big spaces for essay-type answers. Just sayin.'

More big news! I ordered myself a laptop. That should enable me to write more often in my blog. It's been difficult with all the travel and all the softball and soccer games we've been doing...oh, yeah, and with all the chats with my blog friends I've been enjoying. Sheesh! Why can't you people be less interesting?! But I really do look forward to sitting and watching movies or shows while I write. Could be fun! I don't gift myself expensive toys like laptops very often.

16 comments:

Sideon said...

Congrats to your son and good luck to him and his team in Vegas!

Cirque Du Soleil rocks. You and your family will have a great time! We saw the travelling show of "Allegria" in San Francisco - it was so amazing! I bought the music cd and the dvd for my folks.

What kind of laptop? Dell?

Gluby said...

Oh my, gotta love it.

Your daughter is interrogating the tooth fairy.

I think you're okay as long as she doesn't conduct a deposition. Those are expensive.

Anonymous said...

I think you're okay as long as she doesn't conduct a deposition. Those are expensive.

Not to mention adversarial. You don't want to get the Tooth Fairy pissed off. That little gravy train just might dry up.

Janet Kincaid said...

What I love about this entry is that the paper your daughter wrote on shows a picture of the Masonic Temple, Scottish Rite, located on the corner of 16th and S Streets NW in Washington, DC. I use to live two blocks from said building and once watched the fireworks on the 4th of July from its steps!

I hope the tooth fairy was generous!

Gluby said...

Either way, I think my gift for her birthday will be The Art of Cross Examination.

Just in case, you know.

Cele said...

Oh road trip too fun. Have a great time.

I got a great Christmas bonus the year before last and gifted myself a lap top, I don't use it a lot, but gosh it comes in handy. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

This is gonna be offtopic... Does anyone know what happened to Simeons Peep stone? I get a page full of question marks!

Keep up the blogging SML!!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. She's destined to be an attorney or a journalist. I'm crossing my fingers on the journalist option, we seem to have run out of intelligent ones who possess a backbone.

I once found a note from my boy. It's not nearly as articulate or interrogative, but it's funny nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

SML, Thanks for sharing! Your daughter's letter cracks me up... I have my own little detectives at home and I always enjoy kid stories. You're gonna be screwed when she gets the handwriting analysis back from the crime lab... ;)
Cheers,
Moi

Genilimaa said...

I love the note!! I love the "yes/no" options. She's so clever!

"Were do you get mony?.. Come on tooth fairy, we wanna know!!

supernova said...

How cute is that!!!

Lemon Blossom said...

Seeing your new avatar and "living life to the fullest" next to each other is so ironic, dontcha' think?

Sideon said...

FABOO avatar!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is clearly on the road to AWESOME-ville, not permagirl valley. :-)

Hey anon - I had the same question about Simeon - I just get chinese characters, have for about a week now. I PMed him on FLAK, but haven't heard back. I miss his blog!!

Anonymous said...

What a great letter! It reminds me of the stuff I used to do at about that age.

And, yes, I did become a journalist!

Great Avatar btw. Very artistic.

Taiko Tari said...

Which Cirque du Soleil's show are you going to watch? If you can, try not to miss "KA".

...and the note is simply and truly adorable!