I've considered refusing to accept tags, but until I decide for sure, I've been tagged again by my friend Poker Spice. I'm supposed to list 50 facts about myself. Sheesh. I can think of 50, but 50 INTERESTING things?? Doubt it. Good luck reading all the way to the bottom. I'll try to make it short.
1. I was born during a bomb threat at the hospital. I was actually delivered in the doctor's office across the street.
2. I was 5'9" at age 13 when I FINALLY stopped growing.
3. I despise pickled beets.
4. I visited a beach on the ocean for the first time last year in January.
5. My first flight in an airplane was when I was 18 and headed for Austria.
6. I'm drawn to and fascinated by the patterns that trees make against the skyline.
7. I always put my jeans or pants on first before my shirts.
8. I chain-eat Lifesavers Wintergreen flavor sometimes. The soft ones that dissolve instantly are the best.
9. Ich liebe Oesterreich.
10. I'd fly to Umea, Sweden right this minute if I could.
11. I find Grissom from CSI Las Vegas oddly attractive.
12. I'm fascinated by Asian women.
13. I'd like to paint people as well as Burton Silverman does.
14. My hands are often cold.
15. I love the poppies that bloom in my yard in spring.
16. I saw a glass octopus sculpture in an art gallery in Hawaii and have wished ever since that I had bought it.
17. I used to tease my mom about how big her nose was, and was devastated the day I realized mine is bigger than hers.
18. I won a Marie Walsh Sharpe Art Foundation Summer Seminar scholarship to study at Colorado College for over a week the summer before my senior year.
19. Barbies weren't allowed in our house when I was young because they weren't modest.
20. I think Cary Grant is sexy as hell.
21. I dread public speaking.
22. I once dreamed that three garden gnomes came into my room at my grandma's house and tried to get me. I would have sworn I was wide awake and it really happened.
23. I went to my senior prom with my friend Jill and a guy and girl from the special education class she was aide to.
24. Every time I would go camping as a kid, I'd envy guys and their ability to pee while standing.
25. Watching ballet always makes me wish I could dance like that.
26. I'm a sucker for old black and white classic movies.
27. I don't like Elvis. At all. Even a little.
28. I'd love to design my own house and art studio someday.
29. I love people watching. I love to wonder and imagine what their lives are like.
30. I've only been stung by a bee once (on my finger as I was taking the tin foil off of a cake pan they had taken to a picnic).
31. I never knew I enjoyed writing until I started this blog.
32. I wish I were multi-lingual.
33. I'd love to travel the world and visit cultural places far off the beaten path.
34. I don't like peanut butter. It's probably due to eating it every day for lunch while growing up. I will eat it under extreme duress, or when I just don't feel like cooking.
35. I was a majorette my sophomore year. I found out really quickly that I actually hated it (not as glamorous as I thought) due to weeks of practice, all for a measly 2-minute performance. I stayed in it one more year, because I had paid for all my gear myself, and thought maybe it'd get better. It didn't.
36. I'm not comfortable skiing. On snow or in water. Something about going faster than I can control.
37. I wish I felt comfortable posting nude photos of myself, you know, the really artsy black and white kind. I don't know why I wish this.
38. I wish I had my house to myself once in a while. I've enjoyed this a total of 8 hours in the last 14 years or so.
39. I felt so ashamed of not admitting to my LDS host family that I was 5 months pregnant when they came to visit me, that I dropped all communication with them and only resumed contact a year and a half ago. What a bloody waste.
40. I used to be an avid reader of smut novels. I gave up reading books altogether to focus on doing art and getting better at it.
41. Sometimes I give in to temptation and buy a full bag of Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum. I chew a new piece about every minute, to the point that my jaw and the muscles in my temples are sore for two days.
42. I've never skinny-dipped, but would do it now if given the chance.
43. And only if it's really dark outside. :)
44. I detest swimsuit shopping.
45. I heard the words "Cut the folderol!" too many times while growing up. I think it's fair to say that even hearing this asinine phrase ONCE is too many times.
46. Procrastination is one of my weaknesses.
47. I feel a real need to get better at "listening to understand, not to respond."
48. I've never tried eating alone at a nice restaurant, but every single time I see someone do so, I wonder what it'd be like to try it.
49. Blogging has given me a sense of self that I've been missing.
50. I'm compelled to think up a perfect finale fact for #50, but just can't think of one more thing.