January 25, 2008

Friday at last

Tonight I am going to go watch the new movie Juno ~ I can't wait. I've been wanting to see this movie since I first heard of it. I'm wondering if it'll take me back to my days of being a pregnant college student, unmarried and afraid.

Work is a real bitch these days. I have tons of stuff to do for year end (getting info compiled for the accountants) and also have to bump up hell week in order to get billing done before my boss leaves for vacation. The piles of year-end filing all around me are starting to seem sinister. So far I've been keeping my spirits up ~ but maybe that's because I'm trying not to think of next week.

Hope the weekend is a nice one for everyone. I really do want to continue writing about Paris...hopefully this weekend I'll write the next part.

Peace.

7 comments:

beatdad said...

You'll love Juno. I took Kyle, the 11 yo, to see it at his request. We had a lot of good conversations about it afterward. I would love to chat with you about what you think of it.

especially with this scene where Juno and her Dad ---------- while he is fixing------- and tells Juno---------.

Especially the scene where she goes to the------- and gets-------.

Sorry, I just realized you haven't seen it yet. I don't want to spoil it.

Wayne

Nayana Anthony said...

Juno is just fabulous. I saw it the day it came out, and even all that hype couldn't wreck it for me. Plus, the writer Diablo Cody is from Minneapolis (and the movie is set in Minnesota), so I have just a teensy bit of hometown pride.

Tell us what you think after you've seen it!

love medicine said...

I want to go see Juno (again) too! I'm glad you get a chance to relax, movies are my favorite way to escape. You'll adore it!

Anonymous said...

Juno... how was it?
Welcome back online, my friend. Missed you over here!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Juno, but I do have a tenuous connection with Diablo Cody, the screenwriter. She worked at an advertising company as a copywriter right before she went off to become a stripper - and a good friend of mine knew her well, asked her out, was turned down, still remains friends. I hope to see the movie soon. I hope to meet her this year when she's in town.

Anonymous said...

Yes I too am from the state that groomed Diablo Cody for the Big Leagues. You are going to be seeing alot of her in the coming years. This gal has some serious talent and I have a feeling that she is going to be carrying home Mr. Oscar very soon. She has "star" written all over her.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I agree with Mark: Diablo Cody has some serious talent. I loved the movie more than I expected to. LOVE that movie. A must-see.

:)